Unit 1 Levens Hall Park,
Lund Lane, Killinghall,
Harrogate, HG3 2BG
Auto-Air Transparent Black
£8.25 exc vat
Fast check - won't affect your credit rating.
Buyers outside of the UK are responsible for any VAT, tariff, duty, taxes, handling fees, customs clearance charges, and other fees required by their country for importing consumer goods.
- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
Art No: CTX-4249-X – Auto-Air Transparent Black
4200 Series – Transparent Colours are intermixable translucent basecoat colours. Transparent Colours work well with small tip-sized airbrushes for fine, detailed artwork. They also work well for fades and blends over solid base colors.
Use as a toner to other Auto Air Colors to create custom blends.
Use to tint AutoBorne Sealer White for colour-keying the overlying colour to improve coverage and reduce build-up of material, especially when using 4300 Series Pearlized Colours and 4500 Series Sparklescent Colours. For example, tint White Sealer with Transparent Fire Red for a pastel red base, over which Sparklescent Rock Star Red is applied. Less material is required as opposed to applying Rock Star Red over Sealer White. A smoother finish is achieved as excess build-up of the Rock Star Red’s pearl-flakes is avoided.
Transparent Colours are suitable for spraying with little reduction for use with spray-guns and large tip-sized airbrushes. For use with smaller tip-sized airbrushes use CTX-4012 reducer and reduce 25% per volume or more to achieve fine-line performance. Reduction ratios may vary per colour to achieve best atomization.
Auto-Air Transparent Black Colour Reference
Auto-Air Transparent Black is:
- Ready-to-spray out of the bottle – no mixing required
- Sprays smooth with a silky, finely atomized pattern
- Self-levelling while drying to a flat, even finish without the “orange peel” look.
- Excellent adhesion
- May be masked with automotive tape
- Use for entire vehicle paint jobs or graphics.
- Available in over 147 colours and effects
- Intermixable to allow limitless colour blends and effects
- Made with automotive specific pigments and binders
- Fully compatible with any automotive urethane clears, paints and primers
Advantages of Auto-Air over urethane systems:
- Surprising performance
- No time windows to work under
- Greater flexibility – more resistant to chipping and flaking
- Easy clean-up
- Cost savings and time efficiency
- Safer to use
- Contain less than 0.01% VOC
- 120ml – CTX-4249-04
- 480ml – CTX-4249-16
- 960ml – CTX-4249-32
960ml, 480ml, 120ml