Unit 1 Levens Hall Park,
Lund Lane, Killinghall,
Harrogate, HG3 2BG
- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
Art No: CTX-6006-08 – AutoBorne Sealer Grey – 240ml
AutoBorne Sealers are a professional, waterborne DTS (Direct To Substrate) primer for application direct to aluminium, wood and most plastics. It is not a direct-to-metal (DTM) primer. When working on bare metal, first apply a self etching DTM primer.
AutoBorne Sealers are waterborne sealers designed for use with waterborne and solvent borne base coat paints. The sealers should be colour-keyed with the base coat or mid‐coat colour to be applied for improved coverage. AutoBorne Sealers are easy to apply, dry quick, self‐level and may be dry‐sanded. As part of a complete custom system topcoat with Auto-Air Colors or Wicked Colors for a seamless colour system as well as any other type of waterborne or solvent‐based paint.
AutoBorne Sealers features:
- Compatible for use with any paint type including urethane, water-based and waterborne.
- Universally compatible with all automotive primers.
- VOC compliant in the United States, Canada and Europe.
- Available in a full line of colours for colour–keyed mid-coat application
- May be used as base coat and top-coated direct
- Excellent durability and tenacious adhesion for long lasting paint jobs
- Resists cracking and prevents bleed through FROM underlying fillers
- Excellent self-levelling
- Quick to Dry
- Easy to Sand
- Does not require sanding prior to application of mid-coat paint and top-coat clear
Preparation of Substrates:
- Harder plastics such as polystyrene may require application of an adhesion promoter prior to application of sealer.
- Metal (except aluminium) requires a self-etching DTM primer before application of AutoBorne sealer.
- Wash all surfaces to be painted with wax and grease remover.
- If sanding is required, prepare surface with 600 – 800 grade sandpaper.
- If surface is sanded, wash off all residues with wax and grease remover.
- 21 Deg C with humidity levels under 65%
- Best results are achieved with increased air temperatures in a non-humid environment
- Use fans to assist air drying
- Painting in or drying paint in lower temperatures or higher humidity levels will require extended flash and drying times.
- Spray gun fluid tip 1.3 – 1.4mm
- Touch-up gun fluid tip size 0.8 – 1.2mm
- Approx. 19 – 28 psi inlet, adjust gun for wetted coats which are not over-atomized
Not recommended for use with an airbrush
- Reduce 9:1 with 4012 High Performance Reducer (approx. 10% per volume)
- Allow reduced mixture to set 10 minutes or more prior to spraying
- Reduction allows for a smoother finish and improved coating integrity.
- 2 – 3 coats for complete coverage
- Re-coat (between coats) approx. 10 minute flash time or until dried to a matte finish mid-coat (or base coat), approx. 60 minutes.
- Use air flow or heat (175 Deg F or less) to assist flashing between coats
- Re-coat paint after approximately 30 minutes drying time
- Dry to sand after approximately 60 minutes for best shaving. Dry sand only.
- Use of heat reduces dry times. Do not exceed 175 Deg F
- Dry sand with 800 – 1000 grit paper
- Sanding is not required prior to application of paint or top-coat clear
- Dry Sand Only. Do not wet sand.
Download AutoBorne Sealer Technical Data