We provide technical support and a repair service for all of the brands of airbrushes and compressors that we stock, plus some others.
Oil-less piston compressors are low-maintenance. This means that you do not have to change the oil. There are situations when you would need your compressor serviced or reapaired, such as accidental damage or normal wear.
In particular we recommend that a compressor used for spray tanning is serviced at least once a year to keep its optimum performance. This is because our experience has shown us that many salons are using compressors at too high a pressure and without adequate ventilation. This causes tanning solution to get drawn into the compressor, clogging the filter and motor.
The compressor should be situated in a source of clean, dry air away from the direction that you are spraying in. We recommend using extractors Spray Booths for any application where you are producing a lot of overspray. Damage to compressors caused by misuse will not be covered under warranty.
If your airbrush or compressor is not in the list below, please contact us to ask if it is one that we can service.
Airbrushes we service:
- Premi Air
- Harder & Steenbeck
Compressors we service:
Pricing for Service & Repairs
Airbrush check over and test
Airbrush strip down, clean and service
Manual compressor service
Automatic compressor service
Service automatic compressor plus one airbrush
Airbrush - Carriage£4.50
Carriage for returning the airbrush to you.
Compressor - Carriage£8.00
Carriage for returning the compressor to you.
Timescales for service & repairs
There are not many repair services like ours available in the UK, so we are constantly receiving airbrushes and compressors for service. Consequently there is sometimes a queue for the service, which may delay the processing of your repair. We endeavour to deal with your repair as quickly as possible. However, please try to send your equipment for service at a time when you are least dependent on it – although we realise that many occasions will be emergency repairs.
If you rely on your airbrush or compressor for your work then we believe it makes good business sense to invest in backup equipment. Work out the cost of being without your equipment and weigh it against the cost of buying a backup system.
Procedure for service & repairs
- Contact us by emailing email@example.com or by telephoning +44 1423 522836.Please contact us to check that it is a model that we can service. Also we can often diagnose a technical problem over the phone and advise you how to solve it or advise you wish parts you need to order. This could save you the time and inconvenience of being without your airbrush or compressor and save the cost of sending it in.
- Package the item well so that it will reach us in the same condition that it leaves you. Use a strong box or strong jiffy-bag for airbrushes with plenty of padding. Use a strong box for compressors with plenty of padding and mark the box with an arrow for ‘This Way Up’, especially for oil-filled compressors. Send it in the original packaging if you still have it.
- Include a covering note inside the parcel with the following information:
- Your name
- Your address
- Your phone number
- A description of the problem
- Credit/debit card details should you wish to speed up the process of payment when the service is complete. If you provide payment details at this stage you are authorising us to take payment for the minimum charges.
- Address the parcel to GraphicAir and add your returns number if you’ve been given one.
GraphicAir, Unit 1 Levens Hall Park, Lund Lane, Killinghall, Harrogate, HG3 2BG
- For airbrushes, send the goods by either Royal Mail recorded delivery or special delivery. We recommend that you use a secure delivery method that requires a signature upon delivery. We also suggest that you opt for insurance cover.For compressors within the UK mainland we can arrange our courier to collect it from you. In this case we will arrange collection only when the parcel is ready to go.To arrange collection of your compressor please call us on +44 1423 522 836. At this point we will need your credit/debit card details so that we can take payment for the carriage.It is your responsibility to have the parcel ready for collection and someone available at the address on the day or days agreed with GraphicAir. The courier cannot give appointment times, so they could collect at any time on the agreed day(s) between 9am and 5pm. The courier will still charge for missed collections, so we will add courier charges to the total service bill.
- We will estimate the cost for work and parts needed. If it is significantly more than our minimum charges, then we will ring you to authorise the work to go ahead. Before we start the work you will need to provide your credit/debit card payment details. In doing so, you are authorising us to take payment for the amount estimated.
- We will contact you when the work is complete to tell you the actual cost of service/repair if it varies from the estimate or our minimum charges.If we already have your payment details and you have authorised the estimate and the actual work has not significantly exceeded the estimate or our minimum charges below, then we may take the payment to speed up dispatch of your repair.
- We will send serviced or repaired items back by our standard shipping method and the cost of carriage (in and out) will be added to the total accordingly. If you need the item to arrive guaranteed before midday on the day after dispatch then you may request to upgrade the delivery method to Express Next Day delivery and pay the extra carriage charge.