Unit 1 Levens Hall Park,
Lund Lane, Killinghall,
Harrogate, HG3 2BG
6001 AutoBorne Sealer White- 240ml
£24.70 exc vat
Buyers outside of the UK are responsible for any VAT, tariff, duty, taxes, handling fees, customs clearance charges, and other fees required by their country for importing consumer goods.
- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
Art No: CTX-6001-08 – 6011 AutoBorne Sealer White – 240ml
AutoBorne Sealers are a professional, waterborne DTS (Direct To Substrate) primer for application direct to aluminium, wood and most plastics. It is not a direct-to-metal (DTM) primer. When working on bare metal, first apply a self etching DTM primer.
AutoBorne Sealers are waterborne sealers designed for use with waterborne and solvent borne basecoat paints. The sealers should be colour-keyed with the basecoat or mid‐coat colour to be applied for improved coverage. AutoBorne Sealers are easy to apply, dry quick, self‐level and may be dry‐sanded. As part of a complete custom system topcoat with Auto-Air Colors or Wicked Colors for a seamless colour system as well as any other type of waterborne or solvent‐based paint.
AutoBorne Sealers features:
- Compatible for use with any paint type including urethane, water-based and waterborne.
- Universally compatible with all automotive primers.
- VOC compliant in the United States, Canada and Europe.
- Available in a full line of colours for colour–keyed mid-coat application
- May be used as base coat and top-coated direct
- Excellent durability and tenacious adhesion for long lasting paint jobs
- Resists cracking and prevents bleed through FROM underlying fillers
- Excellent self-levelling
- Quick to Dry
- Easy to Sand
- Does not require sanding prior to application of mid-coat paint and top-coat clear
Preparation of Substrates:
- Harder plastics such as polystyrene may require application of an adhesion promoter prior to application of sealer.
- Metal (except aluminium) requires a self-etching DTM primer before application of AutoBorne sealer.
- Wash all surfaces to be painted with wax and grease remover.
- If sanding is required, prepare surface with 600 – 800 grade sandpaper.
- If surface is sanded, wash off all residues with wax and grease remover.
- 21 Deg C with humidity levels under 65%
- Best results are achieved with increased air temperatures in a non-humid environment
- Use fans to assist air drying
- Painting in or drying paint in lower temperatures or higher humidity levels will require extended flash and drying times.
- Spray gun fluid tip 1.3 – 1.4mm
- Touch-up gun fluid tip size 0.8 – 1.2mm
- Approx. 19 – 28 psi inlet, adjust gun for wetted coats which are not over-atomized
- Not recommended for use with an airbrush
- Reduce 9:1 with 4012 High Performance Reducer (approx. 10% per volume)
- Allow reduced mixture to set 10 minutes or more prior to spraying
- Reduction allows for a smoother finish and improved coating integrity.
- 2 – 3 coats for complete coverage
- Re-coat (between coats) approx. 10 minute flash time or until dried to a matte finish mid-coat (or base coat), approx. 60 minutes.
- Use air flow or heat (175 Deg F or less) to assist flashing between coats
- Re-coat paint after approximately 30 minutes drying time
- Dry to sand after approximately 60 minutes for best shaving. Dry sand only.
- Use of heat reduces dry times. Do not exceed 175 Deg F
- Dry sand with 800 – 1000 grit paper
- Sanding is not required prior to application of paint or top-coat clear
- Dry Sand Only. Do not wet sand.